October 8, 2007

Talent

“Everybody has talent, it's just a matter of moving around until you've discovered what it is.” George Lucas

Here is a little snippet of some of the talent I have seen over the past few weeks…

  • With the Rugby World Cup on at the moment, there has been plenty of sporting talent flooding my TV over the past month. While it has been great to see Australia convincingly conquer the competition in the pool matches, it was certainly a disappointing weekend to see the poms climb over the Aussies in the super eight. Yes, being in London and surrounded by poms has added extra salt to my wound.

  • Packed into Wembley Arena with 12,299 other people last weekend, I watched Gwen Stefani and her ensemble as part of The Sweet Escape tour. Although some of her songs are not my flavour, I certainly admired the talent and energy shown by Gwen, the dancers and the band. They definitely rocked the arena.
  • On Saturday evening, I watched the stage play of “The Woman in Black”. The small English town ghost story was acted by two talented actors, with a third silent actor appearing occasionally… or was that just my imagination? The novel was simply portrayed but absolutely thrilling. I’m proud that I only jumped once!

No comments: