January 3, 2008

Edinburgh Hogmanay 2008

I kicked off 2008 in Scotland as part of the Hogmanay festivities. Basically, the Hogmanay is a huge street party where partygoers dance, drink & watch the midnight fireworks explode over Edinburgh Castle. I travelled to Scotland with ‘Topdeck’ and spent my new year celebrations with friends Sarah & Fee. Amongst the more contemporary music options, we listened & danced to some traditional folk music on top of the covered ice rink and later enjoyed the brilliance of the Red Hot Chilli Pipers - a great rock band led by 3 rocking pipers!!
While most revellers spent a drizzly new year’s day catching up on a few winks, I headed on a three hour walk along the Firth of Forth foreshore, including a walk out to Cramond Island. As a tidal island, Cramond can only be accessed by the causeway during low tide.

No comments: