

With four days of the Easter long weekend to enjoy, Jase & I headed on a road trip to North Wales. We stayed at youth hostels located within and around
Snowdonia National Park. The landscape of North Wales is sensational - it is an adventurer’s paradise! I look forward to exploring the area further in the summer time.Highlights of the weekend include:
- Exploring numerous castles built in the late 1200’s, including Caern
arfon, Harlech & Conwy Castle; - Attending a half Welsh/English Easter day church service;
- Visiting the longest officially recognised place in the UK. The name is Welsh for “St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio of the red cave”;
Riding the historic Snowdon Mountain Railway 5/8ths the way up the tallest mountain in Wales – Mt Snowdon (at 1085m, it’s shorter than I was expecting!). The train is the easy option for climbing to the summit, though it was restricted over the weekend due to the snow capped mountains; and - Snowing at the hostel on Easter Sunday!!!


1 comment:
You took the train? That's soft!
When I climbed snowdon, I didn't think it would be so cold and was a little unprepared. My hair froze and I had icicles forming in my beard...
Post a Comment