Work has taken me up north over the past two weeks. With a long weekend in the middle, I took the opportunity to do some sightseeing around the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales, popular for cyclists, walkers and water enthusiasts.
I hired a car for the weekend and headed west. With the weather being cold, wet & windy in London, it was a great weekend to head north to the sunny skies. The gutsy little Punto navigated its way through the rolling hills of the Lake District pretty well. The Lakes is a great place to relax with plenty of activities taking place on Lake Windermere and Coniston Waters, and many small towns to visit and complete a little window shopping.
On the Sunday we stretched our legs on a half day hike before heading east to the north of the Yorkshire Dales and the quaint town of Hawes in the late afternoon.
In the morning I tasted the local produce at the Wensleydale cheese factory (yumm!) and followed this up with a stop at a chocolate factory on my journey back to the east coast.

No comments:
Post a Comment