March 10, 2010

Sunday stroll in Bath

My travel plan for last weekend has been in my diary for several months. This trip required a fair bit of preparation... physically. My trip to Bath was no ordinary weekend when tourists flock to this beautiful city in South-west England to enjoy the architecture and history. Instead, it was a weekend when 11,000 people ran 13.1 miles (21kms) to raise money for various charities.

We were treated to beautiful weather with bright blue skies and a crisp cold Sunday morning where the temperature hovered just over the zero degree mark. The looped track took us through the centre of Bath and out into the countryside. I have to admit that it was actually an enjoyable run (... it's amazing how quickly one can forget the pain factor). All in all, I was quite happy with the race. I not only reach the end but I managed to shave off 4 minutes from my personal best. My next target is to break the two hour mark... :)
Before my Sunday stroll I acclimatised myself on Saturday afternoon whilst exploring a little more of Bath itself. In addition to seeing the Bath Abbey and the River Avon (photos above), I spent the Saturday afternoon in one of Jane Austin's houses. Ahhh... Mr Darcy once again!

1 comment:

missbeth347 said...

Wow - that's my kind of stroll (not!).
I am a really terrible friend sorry, I only just found your blog but now I will be looking at it and keeping up with your news.
Yay for Mr Darcy :)