Last week I headed down under for a flying visit in Sydney. Why would any sane person be willing to travel on a plane for 48 hours for a week away?? Well, I couldn’t miss seeing my best friend marry her man, Eddie! To kick off the week, we had a fun all inclusive kitchen tea/hens day, afternoon & evening. The definite highlight was a visit by the local boys in their big red truck. We didn’t even need to burn toast for their special visit! Amy was initially caught between running and hiding, but soon found the confidence to meet the boys who greeted her with a kiss and a bunch of flowers. What a unique & special moment. It was pretty cool that they were willing to come out during the afternoon –
I think they enjoyed it as much as we did! 
The rest of my week in oz was filled with helping the wedding preparations, catching up with family & friends, plenty of driving and warming up in the Sydney sunshine. 
It was great to soak in a few rays – wearing shorts, t-shirts & thongs for the week was also an enjoyable change.
The pinnacle of events was of course the wedding day. The girls’ day commenced at the respectable hour of 7am. It was a relaxed morning, with no last minute hiccups to report. I think it is fair to say that we each enjoyed being pampered for the morning and having a few laughs along the way. Before long, the all important moment was here... Amy & Eddie become husband & wife in front of 300 family and friends at Toongabbie Anglican Church.
We had the official photographs taken at Parramatta Park with an afternoon picnic tea to boot, before being driven in our classic Rolls Royces to the Arabic themed function centre at Fairfield.
It was a fantastic celebratory evening with plenty of traditional Arabic dancing, drums, food & excellent company. By the way, make sure you have a good look at the cake to the right. It was made by the hands of the newly married couple themselves... very impressive! I was glad Eddie was able to show Amy a few tricks of the trade :)
It was a fantastic celebratory evening with plenty of traditional Arabic dancing, drums, food & excellent company. By the way, make sure you have a good look at the cake to the right. It was made by the hands of the newly married couple themselves... very impressive! I was glad Eddie was able to show Amy a few tricks of the trade :)The happy couple are now on their honeymoon in Nelson Bay & I’m back to reality. All good fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment