June 14, 2007

Mid-Air Dramas

Overall, our flight to Honolulu was fine. However, there are two notable experiences that both Amy & I will never like to experience again.
Firstly, Amy thought she would tuck straight into her ice cream. Unfortunately, the ice cream was so cold that it resembled dry ice. After peeling her lips off the ice cream she then has to contend with a bleeding lip for 5 minutes!

Not wanting to Amy to upstage, I had a drama of my own. After a decent sleep I woke up and was not feeling particularly well. I said to Amy "I don't feel so good"... and then promptly passed out. I woke up to find Amy and few flight attendants hanging over me very concerned and with an oxygen tank on hand. I assume that the unconsciousness was due to a combination of sleeping upright (i.e. the blood therefore flowed down from my head) and my normal low blood pressure. No need to be too concerned - after some extra oxygen and breakfast, I am back to normal self. Amy, on the other hand, suffered a little from shock having never seen me faint before but recovered after a few minutes too!

No comments: