July 22, 2007

The Big Apple

With only two days in New York, we managed to squeeze in all of the tourist activities that we wanted to do including: boat trip around the Statute of Liberty; visits to Wall St & WTC Site; horse drawn carriage trip around Central Park; attendance at a Yankees game (Yankees defeated BlueJays 6 to 1); walking around Times Square in the day and at night; and watching the Broadway show "Rent". It was fantastic to be joined by our fellow 'round the world' travellers, Nick & Em, for our time touring NY.

Just a little note on sleeping... as some people may know, I can sleep anywhere. But, I feel this time that I have pushed the limits. Did you know that it is possible to fall asleep on an open double decker bus as it drives around NY? (Unfortunately, there is some photographic proof of this, but you won't be seeing that posted on this blog anytime soon.)

No comments: