July 15, 2007

George of the Jungle


Have you ever wanted to fly between trees while beating your hands against your chest & taking in the breathtaking scenery around you? Well, I had my opportunity today as I took part in the the Rainforest Canopy & Zipline Adventure.

The location for this adventure was Ketchikan, Alaska. With the dubious honour of being the 3rd highest place in the world with the most rainfall, you can imagine that I was pretty happy when I arrived at Ketchikan to a day of beautiful weather with plenty of sunshine. We have been very fortunate with our weather to date with only one day of rain!

Anyway, back to the jungle, with a full bottom & chest harness, I went on several ziplines over 300 feet about the ground as I made my way through the lush rainforest. Absolutely sensational. I hope the few photos do it justice.

No comments: