July 15, 2007

Maiden voyage... or maidens on a voyage











Well, after three and half weeks on the road, it is time for our mid-vacation vacation. Amy & I have now farwelled Tyler & his trusty beast of a car for a somewhat bigger vehicle... the Golden Princess.

(Photos: Left- The view out of cabin window; and Right- Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska with another boat in the foreground)

As you may well imagine, the demographics of our cruise are different to the category that Amy & I are classified in. I think about 95% of our fellow travellers were either retired or on their honeymoon. With many people choosing 07/07/07 to be married, our cruise was a popular wedding & honeymoon destination.

Amy & I held the "Maidens of the Voyage sports tournament" on one afternoon. After a game of checkers (we didn't know how to play chess), miniature tennis & putt putt golf, Amy & I secured equal first overall on the podium!

With the ability to eat at anytime, anywhere & with anyone, the buffet sitting areas was a great way to meet our fellow travellers. On one particular evening, we were joined at our table by a solo traveller. Trudi, with her 82nd birthday this Sunday, was on her 80th cruise!! Amazing!! Trudi had the ship's honour of being the person on the ship with the most number of cruises under her belt. Amy & I must have left her with a decent impression as Trudi then invited us to be her special guests at the Captain's special cocktail party where she was given an award for her efforts. What an honour! Below is a photo of Amy & I with Trudi and our ship captain, David Calabrese.

No comments: